Sunday the 5th was a celebration for Kira Lapreal Rogers. We all met at Keith and Kim's Church building for their Sacrament Meeting. The blessing itself was very tender, but I had a hard time afterward feeling the Spirit.
During Sacrament it is hard for me when people let their kids walk around to different benches with family or friends or in the aisle. We don't let our kids take toys, or books that don't remind them of Jesus or the scriptures, and during the actual Sacrament if they are roudy or being disruptive the only thing my kids are allowed to look at is the Hymn Book, or a picture book of Jesus that I made. Another thing is snacks...we take snacks/drinks for our kids before they turn 18 months, which is nursery age, but never are they disruptive wrappers or noisy in anyway. However, after 18 months Mike and I both feel that there is ample time to eat a good snack/breakfast and drink before Church so they can make it to nursery and have snack time, without the need to have snacks or drinks in the middle of Sacrament. One last thing, then I am going to get off my soapbox. Our kids also know that if they are taken out of the Chapel because they are being disruptive they get a spanking. I can count on one hand how many times I have had to take Emily and Mordecai out. It isn't that hard to keep your kids quiet during an hour of Sacrament, and I have a 16 month old, and doing sacrament appropriate activities that help others feel the Spirit still. I know others have their own opinions on things, and I am not pointing fingers, I am just merely saying why it is hard for me to feel the Spirit sometimes.
After the Sacrament meeting we headed over to Keith and Kim's home for Chicken Salad Sandwiches on crescents, chips, yummy cookies and ice cream. The kids played for a while on the swing set, then we all cleaned up. Mike and I stayed with Keith and Kim Sunday night and Monday night.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
You know I feel the same way. I can count on one hand how many times I've had to take Abby out. Emmett is another story, though...Hopefully Mordecai won't be so stubborn.
Post a Comment