Monday, July 9, 2012

Nauvoo Reunion Day 5

Today is our last day, which makes me kind of sad. The kids have had a blast and so have Mike and I. Mike made a comment that Nauvoo wasn't really anything he ever had a desire to see, but he is very glad we did.

We did the visitors center this morning then met up with everyone at Pioneer Pastimes except Joey's family.  The kids really enjoyed the games and dressing up, and Mike really enjoyed the ring toss game and stilts.







From there we all headed to Pizza Hut in Keokuk where there was a lunch buffet. After lunch Mike and I took the kids to the Oxen ride before they closed them down for the day.  That was pretty fun too.



From there we headed back to the Pioneer Pastimes so Mom could watch the kids while Mike, Cherstin, Dan and I took the Community of Christ tour of Joseph Smiths home and red brick store.  Mike and I both felt the Spirit leave when we literally went into their area of Nauvoo, and I commented on how even though their beginning history of Joseph Smith is the same it still felt like a "story" they were telling us. 

Anyway, we got back to Mom and the kids and there had been a band and a parade that Emily participated in.






Mike and I had dinner to prepare in a hurry.  We had spaghetti, salad, and rolls.  After we all ate fast we headed to a play called Sunset on the Mississippi.  It was fun, and the kids enjoyed it, well maybe not Mordecai since he fell asleep sitting up.

We played games late into the night, and then headed back to the hotel.  On our way back Mike and I were talking about what our favorite part has been and I added that it has just been nice to be with my family who are all doing what is right and that as of now we can all be together forever. I know it isn't a guarantee but I can't imagine things changing ever, and I know it is a very rare things now days that we have all been sealed in the Temple (Felicia and Tom in November) and are all active. Love my family!!! 



No comments: