Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nauvoo Reunion Day 3

This morning we all met at Carthage Jail. Before our tour we took pictures in our shirts and bonnets/hats.  It was just the Bainbridge Family on the tour since there is 39 of us.  The Monday before we came here we had and FHE on the events that took place here and I hope at least my kids understood the importance and felt the Spirit.  I know Mike and I did.

After the jail we all bombarded a Dairy Queen for lunch.  I think they handled us pretty well. From there we headed back to the hotel so the majority of the family could go swimming and Ruby could have a hearty nap.  Mom came up to my room for a bit while she napped so we had a good chat.

The men and the youth then headed out to the Temple to do baptisms for the dead while the wives and younger kids hung out at the campsite.  It has been fun to visit with my sisters and sisters in-laws.

Felicia and Tom hosted dinner of hot dogs and s'mores and the kids loved it.  After dinner we had our family devotional with family skits, primary songs and storied of Mike's and Dan's pioneer histories.  I thought it was neat that 2 out of 12 of Joseph Smiths body guards 2 of them came from our current family lines. James Allred (Mike's ancestor) and another was Dan's.

Felicia and Tom head back to Provo tomorrow, and I think after church and such we will visit some more of the home since it is supposed to be cooler.

*I have pictures of us all in our bonnets, but Cherstin needs to send them out. So when she does I will post them*

No comments: