Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July 2012

Our celebration wasn't so big this year since we have had fires galore! We attended our ward 4th of July breakfast at Ryan park (the park behind Ryan Elementary), then we headed home so Mike and the kids could help out an elderly lady in our ward and I finished the last minute cleaning and packing for our trip to Nauvoo tomorrow.  When it cooled down a bit Mike and I took the kids out to do snaps and pull string toys.  This year was a hit for them and even though we had firework bans on fireworks with flames we let the kids do some sparklers.  I saw this cool idea on pinterest where you take a big plastic solo cup and poke a hole in the bottom. Then the kids slide the sparkler into the whole and hold the stick from inside the cup. It is perfect for my kids since they freak out that they will burn the hand but the cup prevents that since their hand is inside the cup. Tomorrow we are hoping to leave bright and early.  We will see if that happens.




No comments: