Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Broken, or Not

Last night Emily and Mordecai were goofing around in the family room. I looked at them and what they were doing at told them to stop it because someone was going to get hurt.  Not even 5 minutes later Mordecai was crying.  Mike and I looked down and his right foot was swollen. We gave him some ibuprofen to bring down the swelling and sent them to bed.  Today, Emily didn't have school so we joined some friends for lunch at McDonald's.  Mordecai was still limping around and Marci asked what happened.  I told her and she agreed with my thought that I should take him to the doctors since he was still limping.  I called Mom and she thought so too.  We got in at 3:45 today and Dr. Miller said it was 50% chance it was broken because he only complained when he pushed on the side not anywhere else and if it wasn't broken his whole foot would hurt, but 50 % chance it wasn't because he would walk on his heel. Since I had all 3 kids and Ruby was tired I opted to not get an X-ray. I was instructed that if he was still favoring it on Friday to come in for and X-ray.  Here's to hoping it isn't.

No comments: