We headed off to a play place called Unpluggits. It is an indoor play place with an area of painting and play-doh. The kids had a blast and got out some energy.
After we played Mike, the kids, and I headed down to Ardmore, OK. It was an an hour and a half trip, but well worth it. We met up with Kristal, Matt, and Lanae Campbell. They live in Dallas, TX and Ardmore was half way for both families. As we pulled in to Ardmore we stopped in a Wal-Mart parking lot to call Kristal and find out where we should meet for dinner. After I got off the phone with her I looked back at the kids and Emily started to cry and then threw up. Good thing we were at Wal-Mart. I ran in and bought some clothes, underwear and a cheap booster seat so Emily had something to sit in. Customer service gave us a big trash bag so we could bag her car seat so we didn't have to smell it.
We ate at Applebee's and it was so good to see Kristal and her family. I sure do miss her a lot. The older I get the more I am finding out that friendships like she and I have don't happen very often.
Emily threw up on the way back to Cherstin's, and is currently asleep. We are planning on leaving in the morning depending on how the kids do tonight, so Mike and I packed up the car tonight. I will miss being here. It has been fun seeing Cherstin and her family here in their own environment. We sure do appreciate them and letting us stay with them.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment