Sunday, June 19, 2011

From Blue To Green!

This past week we have had workers at our house painting it.  It happened really fast, and a lot quicker than I expected it would.  Tuesday we had 2 guys here power washing and painting test strips on the house.  They were ready to buy the paint Wednesday morning but we had hold off since we needed to get approval from the HOA.  *Side Note*  Our dumb HOA has this "paint stick" that has the approved colors on them.  Well Mike and I didn't know there were certain approved colors.  We just thought that we had to pick a color from anywhere and get it approved.  Well we picked a color and then found this out so I went and picked up the paint stick and we matched the color we chose to an "approved color" which is actually really close...rebels I know.  So, on Thursday my friend Marci and I went to the pool at 10:30am.  When I left there were painters here prepping our house, scraping and caulking.  When I got home, 4:00pm, I was expecting the painters to be gone but nope they were still here and our house was green.  They had painted the majority of the house minus the trim and the next day which was Friday they were back finishing it up.  Mike and I love it!

Befores:

 Afters:



4 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

It looks so good Desi! I can't wait to see it in person!

Do you love it? When you drive up are you giddy about it still? I am about ours and wonder if I am just geeky about paint or if it is a normal thing? Haha

Wendy said...

Desi, I love it! Ruby is getting so big! It has been entirely too long since we've seen you guys. We should set up a play date this summer so we can catch up!

Julie said...

Green looks awesome on your house!

Kim said...

This looks really good!! Can't wait to see it in person!