Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labour Day and More

So I got a phone call from Kim yesterday and the first thing our of her mouth was that I needed to update our blog. Really though, there hasn't been much going on here, so here is my lame attempt.

Thursday this past week the kids and I piled in the car and headed over to our friends the Ludwig's home to clean it for them. Lexy, the mom, is pregnant with baby #2 and is terribly sick. While we were there the kids played and had lunch. After we cleaned we headed home for a nap and then to make dinner and take it back over to the Ludwig's . Mordecai was being cranky, and wouldn't hold still for a nap since he had a slight nap earlier in the morning, but I was tired and fell asleep with him crawling all over me. When I woke up I noticed he was laying on me and not moving. I asked Emily if Mordecai was asleep and she said yup, so I had her take a few pictures. She did a great job. ( Sorry about the back exposure!)
After Mike came home on Thursday he informed me that he was taking Friday off for a 4 day weekend. We didn't do much. Friday was spent cleaning the house and doing errands. Mike painted the woodwork in the dinning room in preparation for hanging the blind in there. Since we have had the blind in our living room for the past 3 months.

Saturday we took the kids swimming, and it was just a lounge day. Sunday of course was filled with church and the respective meetings, and then Monday Mike hung out blind, caulked the kids bath tub, and then we went swimming with the Ludwig's at our pool, since it was the last day it would be open this year.

Yesterday the kids and I went to the Zoo with some friends from our ward. It was fun. After dinner the kids went out to the back yard to play, and without fail they always head to the blackberry bush. Mordecai and Emily love picking them and eating them, even if they aren't ripe enough yet. Notice the stuff all over Mordecai's face.Finally for my favorite picture. This of Emily and Mordecai just sitting on the couch together. He love to copy her and do what she is doing. At dinner time he patiently waits for the food to be put on the plates, and then watches what everyone has that he doesn't and complains. He points at it and says "that". Once he gets it he is fine. Mordecai is always learning new words. Just the other day I told him to let go of something and he looked at me and said, "wet go, dop it." Translation- Let go, stop it. He is very verbal like Emily was. I have his 18 month well baby visit on Monday.

Emily continues to amaze us. Sunday night she opted for her and I to go on a walk while Mike stayed at home, since Mordecai was in bed already. While on our walk I was telling her that Daddy gets to stay home tomorrow cause it is a holiday, and she looks at me and says, "Like Chinese New Year?" She got that from Ni Hao Kai Lan, thanks Cherstin for introducing that to them. ;-) Emily also had her eye appointment with Dr. Nichols on Monday. He said the eye was getting better, but didn't know how long it would take. He said that we could be 99% of the way, and not know until we are actually there. He did seem hopeful that we wouldn't have to do surgery, and he did say too that the alignment was better. We have to still patch, and we go in at the end of the month. I continue to be amazed at her righteousness and Patience and willingness to do what is right.

I love my kids and am so happy they are mine forever.

5 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

What happened to your wrist??

The Rogers said...

I forgot about that. Ha Ha. So Wednesday night I was holding a pan of beef high in the air to add water, didn't want to set it on the counter cause it was hot, and it was getting tired. When I woke up in the morning it hurt, and Mike said I probably sprained it. Just shows how week I am. :) By the way, sending the clothes soon, sorry.

Lisa said...

I love that Mordecai fell asleep on you :) Too cute.

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Desi! Not much going on? Well that means we need to hang out! :)

Kim said...

I am so proud of myself for calling and bugging you! Congrats go out to Lexie with #2! Hope your wrist heals quickly!