Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nesting

Last weekend Mike and I were cleaning in the garage when he and I kept hearing a faint buzzing sound. Sometimes it sounded like a trapped bee or a fly, and other times it just sounded like it was passing by. No matter how hard we looked, while in the garage, we couldn't find where it was coming from. Well, later that night while Mike was moving the trash cans he heard the buzzing sound again, and this is what he found.
I don't know if the pictures do it justice, but it is about the size of a volleyball. It is right outside the bathroom window under the eave. Mike said he is going to wait until the winter to remove it, good thing cause I don't want him being stung to death.

3 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Oh my word! That is FREAKING HUGE!

Lisa said...

AHHHHH!!!! That is so scary!!! I'm not going to your house until Winter, then. :)

Hannah said...

Think of all the free honey you could be getting!! (Although I don't think honey bees nest like that.)