Where to begin...On Tuesday night of last week Mike and I decided to let Mordecai cry it out. We did and it took him an hour plus a couple of minutes to calm back down and go to sleep. Since then he has been doing better and only waking up once and that is around 4:45/5:00, which is fine by me cause I usually nurse him and then he will go back to bed. Well that was all fine and dandy until last night at about 10:30 he decided to wake up. I let him cry for about an hour and ten minutes and then let Mike go in and give him some Tylenol, I think he is getting teeth since he has been drooly lately, and water. Mike was a great husband and did it so I could sleep, but about a half hour of hearing crying and whining I got out of bed to help. Mike told me he took him downstairs and gave him some cheerios since he gobbled down the medicine. He seemed to calm down and Mike thought he was ready for bed, well he was wrong cause the minute he got into his room he screamed. I tried to nurse him and he wouldn't so then Mike finally got him a 5 oz. bottle of whole milk. He downed that and fell asleep doing it. I was able then to put him in his bed and he slept until 7:15. I took a nap today while Mordecai was taking his, but it was a battle to get him to go to bed. We are struggling with this kid so bad because he wont drink a bottle or nurse himself to sleep which is great, but when he wakes he needs that so we are on a quest to figure him out...any suggestions???
Moving on. For Valentines Day we gave Emily this microphone that echos her voice, I know Valentines Day isn't until the 14th but those of you who know me know I can't wait, well tonight she was singing for Mike and I making up her own songs and singing real ones. She kept swaying back and forth and this one time Mike tried to correct her on a song and she stopped and looked at him and said, "This is not a joke Dad, I am being serious." We about died laughing. She is hilarious.
Mike and I might be taking a trip to Utah next week for my Grandpa's birthday so we will see how that trip goes.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment