I have another scooter!! Mike teases me that our kids get their weirdness from me, but I beg to differ, except with this scooting thing cause it definitely comes from me. So I have been complaining lately about how Mordecai can't and doesn't move. Well yesterday Emily and I were doing our weekly routine of vacuuming the upstairs when Emily got side tracked and left her vacuum in my bedroom while she decided to read books. I left Mordecai in my room by the doorway into the bathroom with some toys after I finished vacuuming . After my room I usually go into Mordecai's room and them Emily's. When I cam out to wind up the cord Mordecai was sitting in my doorway with Emily's vacuum. Then later that night Mike was sitting in the toilet room in our bathroom and Mordecai scooted his way in to be with Daddy. It is still very slow so when it gets faster I will try to take video and post it since most of you who read this didn't get to see Emily do it. I am beginning to think that this is going to be the pattern of all of my kids since I have had 2 that do it. I know you are thinking if I give them tummy time they will crawl, but Mordecai has/had a lot of tummy time and he doesn't crawl. Our pediatrician told us when Emily started it that it does have some genetics to it, which I think is kind of cool.
Last night we had a visiting teaching conference at the Church and of course Mike was doing security and child care again. It is so frustrating for us, but more for Mike, because he has to find Elders to fulfill these needs and everyone he calls has some excuse. The worst is when they answer with, "my kid(s) have to be in bed at that time." AND OUR KIDS DON'T!!!!!!!! We hate that. Learn to serve and make compromises since everyone else does. Sorry, I am off my soap-box. That was bringing me to this. Last night since we got home late from the Church the kids didn't get to bed until 9:30, so I figured that Mordecai would sleep well...he didn't, so last night I finally gave in and made him cry out since it wasn't and isn't getting any better. He cried for and hour and five minutes. It was hard for me cause I was wide awake, and it was so tempting to go to him, but I made it. So hopefully tonight he wont wake up, and if he does I am hoping it wont be for that long.
Emily is grounded from her videos today, and it is hard for the both of us. Usually she gets to watch a video or 2 in the morning while I clean up but not today. She is grounded because last night she kept spinning around and falling on everything including Mordecai and our bath tub. I asked her not to do it 5 times and on the 4th time I told her she was going to lose her videos tomorrow if she didn't quit. On the 5th time she fell and hurt herself pretty bad. Videos were taken away and she lost it. Mike tried to explain that we give her enough chances and that she needs to learn to listen when we tell her things. We are hoping she will learn quickly.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment