Monday, December 22, 2008

The "Monster" of a day

So today was a big event. We cleaned the house from top to bottom, and that included steam cleaning the carpets. Afterwards we went grocery shopping for the week. After that I had to take Emily to the doctors because she hasn't had a BM since the 13th of this month. Mike and I tried glycerin suppositories on Friday and Saturday and she was supposed to have a BM within 15 min. to an hour. Well nothing. In addition to that we also gave her some Pedi-Lax laxatives and that didn't produce anything either. So the doctors told us that 9 days is a long time so he told us to give her adult strength Mira-Lax and if that didn't work within a couple of day that we needed to bring her in for an x-ray to see if she has an impacted bowel. Well we gave her some tonight and within 20-30 minutes she produced a "monster". We were having dinner with the missionaries and Emily said she needed to go so Mike took her, and she did a huge BM. Mike comes out of the bathroom and says that Emily goes, "look at the huge monster I did Dad." Mom and Dad just got here, and the kids are going to bed, and I think I am going to follow since I am tired too.

No comments: