Saturday, December 20, 2008

December

I can't believe that it is already Christmas time...boy how this year has gone by fast! The beginning of this month our ward had a Christmas party and Emily has and is very aware of things, so she noticed at the party that there was table cloths on the table, she kept playing with it and it was starting to get very annoying. She left it a lone finally and we thought that she was done with her fascination with them, well the next day was Sunday and while I was getting ready for Church Emily was playing with Mordecai. I peaked in on them and noticed that Emily had brought this carrot stool that we received for a wedding gift upstairs. She then covered the stool with her "soft blanket" and told me she was having a party with Mordecai on her table that had a tablecloth on it. I laughed and went back to doing my hair. The next time I turned around Emily had gone downstairs and gotten her bowl of cream of wheat for her party. I caught her and asked what she was doing, she replied with, "you can't have a party if there is no food." We usually don't allow food around the house, but since she was being a good girl and was playing with Mordecai I let her have a snack bag of mini oreos for her party. The next day was the same old thing.

Emily has also been potty training. She hasn't had an accident since last Saturday night, so today we went with Hannah, Lexy, Seth and Felicia to "Old McDonalds" to play. After there everyone came back to our house and we played the wii and rage. Emily has been also pretty goofy with her words and it always amazes us how well she understands things. Like today Mike asked her a question and she said, "sure I will daddy." She says "sure I will, sure you know I can/will, sure thing." Basically anything with the word sure in it. Also today while we were doing some shopping for Grandpa Emily found toy to play with. Mike asked her to put it away and she said no, so Mike said that he would come and get it to put it away. All of a sudden Emily blurts out "if you put it away it will make me frustrated." We all had a good laugh.

This last Monday we had our traditional FHE of making gingerbread houses, except we did it with some friends from our ward. It was so much fun, and we had a ton of extra candy from the kits that Emily and Hannah looked like they were playing "Hungry Hungry Hippos" when they were trying to get the candy that was rolling around on the table. Now if only the Ludwigs could live as close as our gingerbread houses do.


Above:Our House The Ludwigs House

If only we were real neighbors

No comments: