Saturday, September 6, 2008

Freezer Jam







Today was such a long day! Mike did some work off my "Honey Dew" list and I bottled some of our peaches of our peach tree. It was the first time it ever produced and we got a ton. I bottled 8 pint bottles of plain freezer peach jam, 5 pint bottles of raspberry peach jam, and 9 quart bottles of peaches. It was such a tedious job. We can't wait to eat to the "fruits of our labor" ha ha. The kids were pretty good today. Mordecai slept and ate a lot today. If is starting to be very vocal so maybe he will be like Emily after all. Emily has been going potty in the toilet for a while now, but the last 3 or 4 days have been hard with the BM's. Mike and I think that it is because we put her back in diapers when she is very runny from eating her usual overload of fruits and veggies, but the last couple of days she has had a rash on her bottom. Someone told me that it is because her bottom isn't used to the diapers and urine anymore and that when we put them back on her it irritated her, which in return made her hold it in because she was raw, which now made her constipated. If that is the case it is a vicious cycle.

I also bought another diaper bag. I know why. Well the one I just bought a week or so ago was and is great, but there isn't nearly enough room in it that I need for 2 kids plus all the places we go that I need toys, and snacks and clothes and diapers and wipes... and the list continues. Anyone who has kids knows what I mean. Plus how could I pass it up when the name of the bag is called "Bainbridge". Oh yeah, Cherstin and Dan found out they are having baby number 3 sometime in May. We are excited for them.

Well it is time for the kids to go to bed, since they just had baths, and Mike and I need some time to clean our neglected home and spend some time together.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Good job on all those jam jars! Wish I knew how to can. I remember helping my mom when I was a kid, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

KKR said...

It's good to see that someone else besides me has a shopping addiction...but I already knew that about you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Copy Cat I had that bag first
HA HA HA LOL.
If I was you I would want to be just like me too. HA HA
Love you