So we have been doing this humanitarian project for our ward. Church headquarters asked if we would produce 100 blankets by mid September, and we have been working at it. Every Wednesday those who can gather at the church to sew, tie, or quality control. There has been a few of us that gather at eachothers home to tie during the week...honestly it is more of an excuse for us to get together, but still it is a blast. Well, we gathered together as a ward this morning to sew and quilt and this was a photo that my friend Lexi snapped of Mike and Emily quilting together. Boy am I proud of mu hubby trying to help out even though he hates quilting.
Right now I have been surfing the internet looking for a new computer, and I think we are going to be going with a lap top, we just need to find one that is approved for Mike and I. Also...exciting news... Mike and I are getting cell phones. I know, it is about time, but it has been a long road to convince Mike that I need one so I can be connected to people that are long distance, heck it has been a long road to convince myself. Well, I will let everyone know the numbers when I actually pick the phone I want.
Mike is out helping Uncle Bob move, and that just begins the chaos that will be unleashed with Mom and Dad leaving to Tennessee, and Felicia to Utah for school at the "Y". We will be all alone, and needing to adopt family members.
I can't wait until Mordecai's able to crawl/scoot. I know everyone is thinking "no you don't", but seriously yes I do. He would be so much happier, becuase he is at the point of wanting to be everywhere we are. Anyways that is a while away. He is finally sleeping better, just in time for shots again (6 months). Emily is not doing so well. We have cycles of good nights and bad nights. Lately she cries and runs into our room at night and says "Kaa" (the snake painted on her wall from Jungle Book) is going to get her so we need to paint over it.
1 comment:
GO MIKE!! I'm with him, I don't like to quilt either. Not that I actually had to tell you this! But if I were in your area, I would gladly help out too!! Yeah to the cell phones! Even though I'm pretty sure we wont be on the same network, and yeah to the cell phones!!
Post a Comment