School has started for the kids, but before it did we decided to have one last pool day as a family. Mordecai did awesome this year, even though we didn't have swim lessons because of the broken pool heater, and he can now swim all on his own in the deep end, plus he is jumping and diving off the board. So fun to watch them grow and develop.
School started on August 18th and the kids are doing awesome of course. Emily has Mrs. Larson for her teacher and she loves her. Mordecai has Mrs. Welch and he is doing amazing. His handwriting has improved and everyday he comes home with a "smarty pants" word for us. I hope he continues to love and enjoy school. They both just auditioned, made and then played in the talent show this last week. Emily played "Dragon Hunt" and Mordecai played "Trumpet Song". Speaking of piano they are both excelling at piano and have their Fall Piano Recital coming up. They also had their Primary Program September 21st and Mike and I loved watching them. I should also mention that we also liked only having Ivy and Ruby to keep quiet so it was much easier to pay attention.
Also in September Emily's soccer team got together to plant a memorial tree for Kalynn, her former soccer team member that passed in June. They decorated the tree with pipe cleaner crafts and then Taneka and Marcus gave little somethings to the girls. It was hard, but a great mini memorial.
Emily also started the braces process in August with an expander. This past Monday she had her braces placed and she looks so grown up with them. It is really weird thinking I have someone old enough to do braces, because I don't feel old enough.
Also in August I started back to school. I am doing the Pathway Program through the church and BYU-I. I wasn't for sure I wanted to do it because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a career but Mike told me he would support me in doing it and gave me a blessing and told me I would "know", then a day later Marci called me and talked to me about it. I felt like she was my answer and that I am supposed to be doing it. It is hard with the younger girls at home, and I am constantly stressed trying to get school done and housework and making sure I am not neglecting the kids and Mike. Besides school and learning I am also bettering my piano skills since the Pathway Missionary, Sister Stahlaker, asked me to play for our Thursday night gatherings since I am the one who can play the most. I struggle but glad I am doing it.
Ruby this past Sunday decided to shove a pearl marble in her nose. When Mike was putting her to bed she kept telling Mike that she 'couldn't breave' and he thought it was just because she had boogers. He tried to get her to blow her nose and that didn't help, then he went to get the nose sucker and when he looked back at her as he was leaving the room he caught a glimpse of it in her nose. He brought her down to me. I was nervous looking at it because I didn't know how to get it out until it occurred to me to use my smallest crochet hook. It worked. I went in her nose in the tiny space by the bead and pulled it down towards the opening and then slid my finger on the outside of her nose to pop the bead out of her nose. Guess she does have a lot of Bainbridge genes.











1 comment:
Love the pictures! Glad you got the bead out!! Good luck with the Pathway Program. That is awesome!
Post a Comment