I love Fall! I like that sweater and long sleeve shirts are in and jeans and boots. The beginning of the month was pretty low key. We took the kids to the local fire stations open house and luncheon that they do every year and soccer season ended. Emily also got her braces the beginning of this month too. The end of the month wasn't as quiet. I am the room parent for Mordecai's school class and so I had to plan his classroom party. That wouldn't have been so bad except that I was also the lead student for my Pathway class that week, Ivy turned two and our ward Trunk-or-Treat was that same weekend. Emily and Mordecai both invited friends and their families to come and they both showed. It was a little tricky trying to talk with both families and make them feel welcome so we are glad that ward members were chatty. Emily invited Addi Pribble from school and Mordecai invited Wyatt from his soccer team. Emily and Ruby dressed up as fairies for our trunk-or-treat party, Mordecai was Harry Potter, I was a scarecrow and we couldn't get Ivy to dress up except for trying them on at home. For Halloween night everyone was the same except Ruby, she decided to be Doc McStuffins. We also had our traditional FHE of carving pumpkins.
And, one funny story that we don't want to forget. Mike was putting Ruby to bed. As we were reading a book together, Ruby said, "Dad, I can't breave (breathe)." I asked her if she wanted to try and blow her nose she said yes. She blew hard but nothing seemed to happen. We continued with the book. Ruby said again, "Dad!, I can't breave!" I asked her if she wanted me to try the bulb syringe to try and clean out her nose. Surprisingly she agreed. I stuck the syringe in her nostril and tried to clear he nose. I couldn't get anything out. I had her lie down in the light so I could see what was going on. I saw something shiny in her nose. I thought it was just snot. I took a closer look and realized it was a pearl bead from a broken bracelet. I was unable to free it. I took Ruby down to Desi. She took a look and thought about tweezers but then thought a crochet hook may work better. Desi wiggled the hook down in there and popped the bead right out of Ruby's nostril. I don't think Ruby will pop a bead or anything else in her nose again.






























No comments:
Post a Comment