Thursday, September 27, 2012

Everything Update

Better update about the baby, the house, the kids, things in general.  All last week we have been updating Mordecai's room.  He picked 2 walls that he wanted to paint orange.  He wanted to pick blue but Mike and I nixed that since his sheets are blue his carpet is blue, his lava lamp, regular lamp and clock are all blue.  We decided to keep his bedding since I couldn't find anything else we liked and I am not a fan of characters on things at all.  We ripped out his old closet doors, bedroom door and base and replaced them all with new white doors and trim. It looks really nice. In addition to that we replaced the trim in the hall way and have a linen closet door that needs to be painted and installed.  Monday this week we had Maid Pro come and clean our house for 3 hours.  It was nice since I had them focus on things I didn't really want do myself like dusting blinds and baseboards, and not to mention the toilets since I have a 4 year old who is starting to stand up. :/

Friday last week I had my 32 week prenatal appointment.  Things went well.  I only measured 31 cm for my fundal height when I was almost 33 weeks. So they think this little girl is going to be small like her sisters. Dr. Huynh has also tentatively scheduled an induction date for the 25th of October. I say tentatively because the day before (24th) I am scheduled for an amnio tap to make sure the baby's lungs are developed.  If they are then we will be induced the next day.  I'm nervous for the amnio and induction.  I've only heard one person say good things about inductions and that was from someone who doesn't go into labor on their own so they have to be induced.  Dr. Huynh thinks its the best so that I can have the stones taken care of, and not damage my kidney's anymore than they already are. Speaking of my kidneys I have only had one day where I have needed medication since my last hospital stay and I am hoping I will be able to make it to delivery without another hospital visit.

The kids are doing fine.  Emily is loving school. She comes home every day for the most part with a 'Hawk High-Five" and having made it to super star on their class room board. I am amazed at how grown up she is and am very thankful that she is such a big helper and loving sister. Because she is so grown up we gave her her own room and she has curtains/canopy (her request) above her bed. Mordecai, like I said just got a room makeover.  He is also learning to read, and amazing me.  It is later than I taught Emily, but he is so wiggly that I think its the best time for him.  He currently can read 5 word stories after only a month of off and on lessons. Ruby, is still a handful! She is constantly pulling things out and making messes, but on the flip side loves to help clean MOST of them up.  We moved her to a full sized bed when we made over the girls room. She and the baby will share so there is a twin over full bunk in there. Mike is doing awesome too. His work continues to keep him busy as well as all the things on my to-do list before this baby comes.  He would love to get more exercise in but is so tired that most days he can't drag himself out of bed. I sure love all of them!!!

That's it, I think. Hopefully I can keep this updated better than I have. Here's hoping.

No comments: