Sunday, October 24, 2010

1st Ever Primary Program

Today was Emily's first primary program. I was able to teach the majority of the songs to the primary kids, and as a bonus I got to sit up the stand with the kids as a sub. It is amazing to me the Spirit you feel when they sing the songs...even if they are out of tune, or off key, or even singing the wrong words/adding words. I got a little teary when they sang, "I Know that My Savior Loves Me", and "The Church Of Jesus Christ". I think it is very important that all of Heavenly Father's children know the love he has for us and who we are. When I chose the verses for "Follow the Prophet" (Daniel, Nephi, Joesph Smith, and President Monson) I wanted the kids to know the powerful promises that we can have if we follow what the Lord says. So, I guess you could say the whole program was touching to me...and I wouldn't say it was the hormones. Here is little Miss Emily before church. She also had the 1st Article of Faith as her part and was so excited to give it.

4 comments:

Kim said...

TOO CUTE!! Love her little outfit too!

Lisa said...

She was very cute and did her part well :) I thought the program was great!

Natalie said...

that wall color really makes your floors look orange!

The Rogers said...

and who are you Natalie?