![]() |
| She is smiling in this one. |
The next day, Wednesday, the kids and Mike and I headed to Dr. Huynh's (OB) office to find out the sex of our little one. I was pretty sure at the beginning of this pregnancy that this one was a girl, but later I kind of flopped when Mike mentioned to me that I was carrying this one like I carried Mordecai. Then I flopped again and went back to thinking it was a girl because I have acne like I did with Emily...granted not as bad, but still it is there every once in a while. Also my chest is sore, like with Emily. I had none of these symptoms while pregnant with Mordecai. Then I flopped again when I was at the Temple thinking that it was a boy. Who knows maybe that is a feeling that Mike and I are going to have another boy...someday. Well the ultrasound tech did her job and measured the little thing and then asked if we wanted to know the sex, and if we had any guesses. Emily immediately said "girl" and Mike and I said we honestly didn't know but didn't care either, we just wanted a healthy baby. The ultrasound tech looked at Emily and told her she was right, it is a little girl. Ruby Marie Rogers. Anyway, after we met with Dr. Huynh and she went over the ultrasound results with us. She said that everything looks great except the tech noted the size of her kidney's. A baby's kidneys are supposed to measure 2mm, hers were dilated a bit, her right measured 2.3mm and her left was 2.8mm. Dr. Hunyh said she wasn't worried because this is a common thing and the bag of water was plenty full which is the baby's urine, but by law they have to note it. So what does that mean...it means I get to have another ultrasound next month when I go back in. :) Anyway, Ruby is measuring in the 28.8% which is normal and weighs about 9 ounces. Hopefully she weighs between Emily and Mordecai's weight, not above her brothers weight when she is born. I was also told that my placenta is in the front cushioning all the little movements, which explains why I don't feel her as much as I did the other two. The ultrasound tech warend me that that was going to change once she got bigger because as far as she could tell Ruby moves more than most baby's do at this age (19 weeks and 3 days). Lucky me, I will have 3 hyper, crazy, loud, but beautiful kids.


6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS on having another little girl. I like the name too! Wish Philip and I could decide on a name . . .
I love the name! Aaron's placenta was at my back, so I felt EVERYTHING. Jonathan had the enlarged kidney thing too, and it ended up being nothing.
Wahoo! CONGRATS again on another girl! I am glad you got what you wanted and I LOVE that you are using Ruby! :)
I can't wait to see those big blue eyes!
Cute name (it looks like it's a crowd favorite) and congrats too!
Yea for girls!
I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment