Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Emily's Reading!

Emily has been having reading lessons on a daily basis for about 3 1/2 - 4 months.  I first started and wasn't consistent, but then I decided that this may help her eye with having to focus on certain things that were little (the words).  Then one day she saw a commercial for a pillow pet and I decided I would buy it for her, but told her she had to complete her reading lessons before she could have it.  There are 100 lessons and she only had about 32 left when we made the deal.  Since then she has been real anxious to finish, even doing 2 lessons a day sometimes.  She finished last week and was so excited to read a story on the phone to Grandma Rogers, and couldn't wait to record it and put it on the blog for Grandma Bainbridge to see (she never answers the phone to actually read them to her).  So here she is. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Elissa said...

Way to go Emily! That is awesome!

Wendy said...

Look at her reading! That's awesome. Way to go Emily!

Kim said...

That's awesome!! I just love hearing little ones learn how to read!