Friday, August 27, 2010

Hay-Ho, Hay-Ho

This week has just been kind of blah. I think it has been this way all summer. I wait all summer long for it to be fall, with Halloween and cooler temperatures and let's not forget kids going back to school so I'm not annoyed when I go grocery shopping. Rude?, who cares. So this week consisted of fast food for lunch and watching my all time favorite movie, "The Incredibles". Okay, so I lied it's the kids favorite movie as of late.

Yesterdy, I decided that I needed to get back into my routine that I usually have during the school year so I decided to start by deep cleaning my couch, guess it helped cause right as I decided to clean it Mordecai spilled root beer on it. Anyway my day was looking better, more productive. It got even better when I checked my email and had this wonderful email from Mike,

"Sweet Desiree,

So was it too much junk mail or were  you tired of telling people that your email was princess_desi?

I love you!!

Hope you had a great day.

Mr. Incredible"

I don't know why, but it cheered me up even more. Then when Mike got home the kids and I took some of our peaches over to Don & Angela and visited for a while. Just as I got back Mike told me there was a paper on the bar that I needed to look at. As I was opening it Mike had this grin on his face. It was another raise! Yay! His boss basically told him that it was a mid year raise because the company had some extra money to give out and with all of his hard work she wanted him to have some of it. It is a small raise, which means we will still get the cost of living raise in February so that is cool too. The raise is probably why I got the email :). To top the end of the week off we get to go to a sealing of a sweet family tomorrow and then a lunch date. Life is pretty good right now, everything seems in order.

2 comments:

Kim said...

WOW! Congrats to Mike....glad someones having a good week!

Julie said...

Very Cool! That's great news! It's nice to have some good news during a blah week. :)