Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Guess What?

So if you don't already know, we are expecting baby #3.  This one took it's time to finally come, like almost a year of trying (more like 9 or 10 months).  Emily took us 6 months and Mordecai took 4 months after weaning Emily.  So once I weaned Mordecai I expected that it would take at least 4 months for my body to go back to normal, and that we would be pregnant sooner rather than later.  That didn't happen.  There was numerous melt downs, and calls to my Mom and Mike, especially when I would hear of someone else getting pregnant so easy.  Once I finally got to this point where I was happy with my 2 little kids, and wonderful husband we got pregnant.  I thought that I would be ecstatic, like with the other 2, but I wasn't.  I hit this wall like, "Why did we do this?  Life was perfect!  Mordecai knows how to walk and talk, and I don't want to do the whole baby thing again with spit up and sleepless nights and nursing."  I then went through this phase like, "Did I really want this towards the end of trying, or was it because I just had wanted it so bad at the beginning that I couldn't really give up, even though I should have or wanted to..."  I really don't know how to explain the last feeling, I did my best. 

We told the kids, and Emily was just so excited!  She said right away that it is a baby sister, ( I think that too, but time will tell).  Her excitement helped to make me excited, and explaining to her and showing her pictures of the baby and the process it is going through brings a whole new light to it.  She was so excited to see "it" during our first visit and ultrasound, and when they turned on the heart beat (164 BPM  @ 7 weeks)  Emily and Mordecai just stopped what they were doing to listen.  Today was another OB appointment and they just did the Doppler and Emily was excited again.  She talked about it all week long and when we heard it (186 BPM) she said that it is a baby sister.  Mike told me, jokingly, that the first two kids the Lord makes you wait 9 months in happy agony cause you are so excited, and that with subsequent kids you have 9 months to get excited.  HA HA!  I don't want people to take this the wrong way and not think I feel blessed or am happy or excited.  I just thought I would be like I was with Mordecai and Emily.  I am slowly getting excited, (really excited) and can't wait to meet *Ruby *.  :-)

So the baby is due February 27th.  So that makes me 11.5 weeks today.  Emily came almost a week early and Mordecai exactly 2 weeks early, so I hope this one comes early too.  We will have to wait a long time to see though.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I've already told you, but I'm so happy for you guys!!! And I understand your feelings--you really will get excited. We had originally planned on spacing our kids more, but we had a really strong impression that we should try earlier than we were going to. So when I got pregnant with Aaron, I had definite freak-out moments of "What were we thinking??? I can't handle this!" But all I had to do was think of holding my little baby and I got excited :)

Wendy said...

Oh Desi - congratulations! That is so wonderful. :)

Hannah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you. Hopefully Ruby and Samantha will be great friends. (Assuming we both have girls. We find out in a couple of weeks.) Congrats again.

Fairbanks said...

Desi, what wonderful news! We are excited for you and hope you have a nice and uneventful pregnancy this time around!

Little surprises bring a lot of joy :)

Tristen Jones said...

I am sooo excited for you and your due date is my anniversary, so that is extra awesome and now proves everything will be just fine! YEAH! Keep the updates coming :)