Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Day #1 (Mothers Day)

Today was a wonderful Mothers Day/Weekend. It started with Friday night Mike and the kids took me out to dinner at this place called Ted's. The Olsen's and Reeds joined us. Then on Saturday Mike did a little bit of yard work while I cleaned the house. After lunch while Mordecai was asleep I made a quick get away to Hobby Lobby and Jamba Juice. I haven't been out shopping by myself...in I don't know how long. When Mordecai finally got up we went to Best Buy to look at car stereos for a possible Mothers Day gift. From there we headed over to Wal-Mart, shocker I know, to pick up a red shirt for Emily's ballet & tap recital. We also got Avatar on DVD and pizza for a movie night. Emily loved Avatar. I was a little worried, but she didn't seem to be frightened by it. After the kids were in bed Mike and I stayed awake to watch Sherlock Holmes and have cinnamon rolls for treats.

Sunday, the actual day, Mike let me sleep in. I don't know if 8:00 counts, but that was when I finally rolled out of bed. We had pancakes, eggs, bacon and juice for breakfast...yum! Then we went to church. The primary sang, "My Mother Dear" and did a wonderful job. I had a break from singing time, since the kids did a flower craft. AND Mordecai actually went to nursery. Granted he cried for a little, and Brett Bowen held him till he had to go to class, but he did. *Side note* Watch the video at the bottom. For dinner we had a couple, the Bowen's, in our ward over for Hawaiian Haystacks. They don't have kids, and the first time we had them over was last Mothers Day. Since then it has kind of been tradition to have them over on holidays. I have gone back and forth between 2 chairs and a table for the front porch, or to have the dinning room finished for my present, and I think I finally have decided that it is going to be the dinning room. Now for some pictures. I know there are a lot, but this is what makes me a Mother, my wonderful kids and Husband. I am one lucky Momma.

Sorry, you have to tilt your head or computer. This is Mordecai during snack time in nursery.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Cute picutres. I loved the video of Mordecai. We watched it 3 times:)

Lisa said...

You look so beautiful!! I'm so glad that you had a good Mother's Day weekend. And I LOVED watching that video of Mordecai in nursery--not only is that HILARIOUS that he was falling asleep sitting up, but I got to sneak a peak at Jonathan circling the room :) I always wonder what he does in there.

Ryan & Brooke said...

Totally unrelated to your post but I have some questions. Did your PICC hurt when they put it in? The hospital staff told me that if she were older they wouldn't sedate her while they put it in, but in my mind it seems like it would hurt. Why did you have to have one in? Did it hurt when it came out?

Kim said...

Happy late Mother's Day (again!) Great photo's and love the video!! I'll have to show Keto!