Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Baby # 5 20 Week Check

I had my 20 week ultrasound and doctors appointment this morning. I took all four kids with me because we woke up to about a foot of snow, so school was cancelled. Emily and Mordecai were pretty excited for the gender reveal part because everyone, except Ivy, Mike and me were expecting it to be a boy. Mike didn't have a feeling one way, Ivy said it was a girl-boy, and I knew it was a girl from symptoms I had while pregnant with the other girls. Anyway, the ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know the sex and we said yes. When she said "girl" Mordecai looked pretty bummed, and then quickly said, "we aren't done yet. We are going to keep trying until we get another boy." I laughed a little. I feel bad for him, he wants a brother so bad. I can't say if we are for sure done, especially since we've always said we will just trust the Lord, but I can tell you that I felt and still feel like I'm missing a boy. Whether that's because I just want one, we are going to have one, or have one after we are resurrected I dont know.

Anyway, everything went well with the appointment. She is measuring right on track, and her heartbeat it strong. I will have 2 more ultrasounds with her at 30 and 36 weeks to continue to monitor her growth, since after Ivy's 20 week appointment was when growing problems happened. My fundal measurement was almost 21cm which I should have just been around 20cm so that's promising. We are also pretty sure her name is going to be Milly. We decided her name should end in "y" since the other girls do, and that she should be named after one of Mike's grandmas, either Lillian or Mildred. Everyone loves Milly since it's more unique and Ivy talks about her all the time. Mike was able to feel her move this morning so reality is starting sink in. 







No comments: