Emily was so lucky to have so many appointments on her birthday that I kept her and Mordecai home from school. First she and Mordecai had dentist appointments at 10:00 am. Then Emily had an orthodontist appointment at 11:00 am. If I had decided to have them go to school today and were to have taken them back to school directly after Mordecai would have missed lunch. As we were leaving to dentist I decided to take them out to lunch. Emily got to choose and she chose Taco Bell. As we were walking into to Taco Bell I noticed a frozen yogurt bar and decided to take them there after. After all that we headed home for Ivy to have a nap and for me to do some homework. After that we all piled in the car for Ruby and Emily's well child check starting at 3:30pm. The girls are growing well. After the doctors office is was nearly time for dinner so we met Mike at Sweet Tomatoes for dinner since Emily loves that place...really everyone does except for Mike. Poor guy. After dinner Emily and I headed off to activity days where they painted their own CTR rings. Then it was back home for presents, cake and ice cream and now bedtime.
Emily has struggled a bit this year. Right before Christmas she was struggling with common core Math, that Mike and I think are a little bit advanced for this age, and she started pulling out her eyebrows and eyelashes. Mike and I didn't notice because her glasses cover her brow line, but quickly talked to her when we did notice. She is the typical type A child. Wants to please, and be the best and when she was noticing that she wasn't getting it she felt dumb. My heart ached for her because that is how I felt growing up and that is when I decided to do things that weren't the best for me. She is still struggling with how to manage her stress and the picking because now it has become a habit. She is so intense and feels emotions so intensely that it is proving quiet difficult.
Emily is pure joy in our home and she Mordecai are still best buds. She loves music in every facet and continues to amaze me with her piano skills. We can't imagine having a better first child.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment