Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Colorado Springs Day 3

Last night was HORRIBLE! The kids went to bed well they just didn't sleep well. Ivy woke up as we were going to bed and when I went in to shush her she laid back down and went to sleep. She did that 5 more times within an hour period when I decided to take her back to bed with me. I was so tired at that point I just wanted sleep. I think she was waking up because she was sleeping with Ruby and Ruby kept rubbing/touching her. After she was in our bed she rolled around for a while needing water and talking and playing.

It was another cold day with the high only getting to 70 degrees at 5:00 p.m. We did a drive through the Garden of the Gods as we drove to the Manitou Cliff Dwellings. We saw some deer and stopped for pictures with the balancing rock that was super busy on Monday.

The Manitou Cliff Dwellings were a hit. The kids enjoyed climbing in and out of the cliff homes and Mike and I liked doing it too. It's fun for me, as an adult, to look at those types of places and think of how it would have been to live back in that time...and how neat it was that they could make those things with limited tools and knowledge we have in our days.

From the Cliff dwellings we headed back to the hotel for lunch and a nap for Ivy, and maybe a 10 minute nap for Mom 😃. 

Once Ivy got up we headed to play some mini golf with the kids. We played two rounds which were pretty painful to start out. Ruby has a hard time with things when they don't go the way she expects them to go. When she couldn't get the golf ball up a ramp or in the hole she would cry and say things like, "this ball is dumb" or "I hate mini golfing!" And most the time towards the beginning if the game she would throw her golf club. I would lie if I didn't say there were flashbacks of the movie 'Happy Gilmore'. 

From golfing it was back to the hotel for dinner, tater tot casserole, and then baths.

Tomorrow we head back home and wait for Keith and Kim and their girls to get in.

Here's hoping tonight is better in the sleeping department.






















No comments: