We had a pretty low key Thanksgiving/Mike's birthday. Felicia and Tom arrived Tuesday night so yesterday we picked Mike up for lunch to celebrate his birthday. This whole week the kids and I sang him "Happy Birthday" but we said it "Happy Birthday Week" and tried to do something special for him each day.
Today we had cracked wheat, which was his choice for breakfast, then we just had a slow day while the turkey cooked. Felicia and Tom headed to his sisters house for Thanksgiving dinner since all of his family was in town except one sister. We had Thanksgiving with the Smith family, Bowen's and Sister Murphy. After dessert we all went to our own homes and then we celebrated Mike's birthday as a family. After the kids were in bed Mike, Felicia, Tom, and I played games and just chatted.
I am very blessed to have Mike as my husband, best friend, father of our children, and many more things. He is such a hard worker and wonderful man who honors his priesthood, and loves the Gospel.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment