Today I ran a 10K!!! Well mostly ran it, I had to walk some though. I know I said I didn't think I would ever want to run another race after how I felt about my 5K, but I did it anyway. Last Sunday Mine asked me if I wanted to run this race with her. I thought about it for a day and decided that I would. I was nervous because I hadn't run since our 5K which was 2 weeks ago. The first week I didn't run because we were in South Dakota and then last week I was trying to focus on weights and toning so I was too sore to run. So this past week I figured I better get in at least two runs to try and prepare myself. Tuesday I was only able to get 2 miles in before Mike had to leave on ministering visits and then Thursday we had the elders so I only got in 4 miles. I did the 4 miles in 41 minutes with some walking here and there so I was getting pretty excited for Saturday even though I wasn't prepared.
I was a little nervous when I woke up this morning. I think the reality set in that I hadn't trained and that I don't exercise as well in the morning as I do at night. LOL! Mine and I decided we would stay together and just take it easy. My goal was to do it under 80 minutes and by my GPS on my phone I finished in 1:18:27, by clock time I finished in 1:20:02 so I was very happy with my time(s). During the race I was thinking that I was crazy for doing this and that I didn't want to run a 10K again, but now I am thinking that I want to start training for a Halloween 10K in hopes of shaving at least 3- 5 minutes off my time. We will see.
.JPG) |
| Before |
.JPG) |
| After |
No comments:
Post a Comment