The kids also finished their first session of swim lessons. Emily didn't need lessons, we mostly just put her in them to help Mordecai be excited about going, which surprisingly we didn't need to do because he was excited on his own. Emily just worked on perfecting her free-style and back stroke. Mordecai is still a little timid. He isn't afraid of the water, but definitely isn't as daring as Emily was either. I think he will be in the first class for a while. I was at the pool Monday through Thursday for two weeks straight. Mordecai's lessons were at 10:00 a.m. and then Emily's was at 11:00 a.m. so we had a tiring morning at the pool, especially because Ruby is as crazy around water as her older sister and thinks she can just do anything. So I spent my time at the pool watching lessons and making sure Ruby didn't drowned. We also have had pool days with Marci, Mine and their kids. I love pool days!!! We are crazy with only 3 adults to watch 11 kids between 2 pools but it is so nice to hang out with them and the kids have fun too.
Emily also has been bugging me to have "sewing lessons". I thought I would start he out with just sewing shapes like my Mom had me do. I also thought it would take her a couple of days to get the hang of it, but I was wrong. The perfectionist in me wanted to take over and tell her what to do, but I didn't even touch it. She was a natural and did it almost perfect the first time. She has picked some fabric and she is going to make herself a skirt.
I also have been working on my running. I am pretty pleased with how I have improved. When I started running, before Ruby, I was only able to run at a 4.2mph and no incline. Since then I have been working on improving my speed and time and now I am at a 5.5mph and a 1% incline. I do run outside in the summer and the fastest mile I have recorded outside was a 9:59 minute mile. I signed up to run my first 5k with Marci and Mine at the end of July. I love running! Its hard for me because I have sports induced asthma, but I love pushing myself and improving on things. Just this week I ran my 3.1 miles on Wednesday in 34:07 and then I PR'd that on Friday with 32:58. My goal for my 5k is to run it in under 35 minutes which I think I will be able to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment