Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ruby's Birthday

I can't believe that Ruby is 2 years old today! I also know I say that every time one of my kids gets older but it is really how I feel.  The day started off with grocery shopping and getting birthday balloons. Ruby loved them and I think felt pretty special. For dinner she chose to go to McDonald's, go figure. We didn't think that there would be tons of people there since it was Valentine's Day, but there was more than I thought there would be. While we were there Ruby had a hard time, and so did the other kids for that matter, because there was a special needs girl that was hurting her and the other kids.  Emily and Mordecai came and told us the first time it happened but I just explained that she was "different" and to just play away from her and if she comes close to them to ask her to not do it again. They did, but it was apparent she was doing it to them and the other kids that were there on purpose. Finally I had had enough and tried to find her parents, and when I couldn't find them and watched her pinch Ruby and hold it I couldn't take it any longer. I went up to her and asked her to stop being mean and to stay away from my kids. Then another Dad there had an issue and he finally found her parents.  The parents seemed to take offense, when all we were trying to do was protect our kids...I guess it is true what they say about Momma Bears.

Anyway, after dinner we came home and opened presents and had cupcakes and ice cream which Ruby loved.

 






No comments: