I can't believe I have a kid old enough to have lost her two front teeth! I know I say that every time a milestone happens, but really it is true. Emily's first tooth she lost was this past Sunday the 18th. The bottom two teeth have been really loose for the past month or so, but she hasn't really wiggled them until today. While we were sitting in sacrament she turned to me to show how she could bite one of them back while the other tooth she could push forward. The one that was the wiggliest, the one I thought she could lose by Monday night if she really worked on it, wasn't the one that came out first. I took Ruby out to nurse her and while I was gone Mordecai accidentally hit Emily in the mouth and made her tooth super loose. She didn't want to go to class because she kept telling me her tooth was going to fall out and she didn't want to lose it, or her mouth hurt so we sat in the foyer trying to pull it out...at one point we even tried dental floss at church. Once we came home she had wiggled it so much that every time she talked I could see it flapping around. I finally asked if I could try to pull it out one more time and she said yes. I grabbed a napkin, so it wouldn't slip, and yanked once. She started to cry saying it hurt, but once she saw that it was out she stopped immediately and was so excited. The tooth fairy came that night and gave her a dollar. Her second tooth she pulled out on Thursday night all on her own. Lucky girl got a pack of gum and a dollar. She came into our room Friday morning saying, "She was the luckiest girl in the world" because she got gum and a dollar. Silly girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment