Two weeks ago at church Emily runs out of the Primary Room all excited that she was asked to give another talk. Mike wrote the last talk for her since he couldn't come in for her talk, he was Elders Quorum President and teaching the lesson that Sunday, so this time I wrote her talk and Mike stood up there to help her if she needed it. She was very adamant that she wanted to read it herself, so when I wrote her talk yesterday I tried my best to not use hard words. After church was over a lot of people gave her compliments on how well she did. The 1st counselor in the Primary presidency said if we just made it a little longer she would be ready to give talks in sacrament meeting, and her Sunbeam teacher cried when she gave Emily a hug (we just love JoanE in our house). Here is her talk and then a video of her reading it.
Before we lived on this earth we all lived in heaven with our Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father and Jesus taught us as much as they could. Then one day Heavenly Father called all of his children together and told us that if we want to become like HIM and live with him again that we had to come to earth. I bet we were all a little scared, but Heavenly Father told us that He would let us choose to be good or bad, and that if we did bad things He would give us a way to repent. He did that by providing a Savior for us who is our big brother Jesus.
We came to earth to gain a body and walk by faith. We can’t remember our home in heaven, but we can choose the right by following the example of Jesus, obeying our parents and primary teachers, being kind to others and living the Gospel the best we can.
Jesus is our Savior and He died for us, so that we can all live with him again. He also overcame sin, and if we have faith, repent, are baptized, receive the Holy Ghost, and keep the commandments we will return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We will have the gift of eternal life, which is what the plan of happiness is all about.
I love Heavenly Father and Jesus SO much! I love to come to church and learn about the Gospel. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
3 comments:
Wow, Emily is such a good reader!
She was great! I love it when kids are so excited to give talks--it makes my job easier!
Wow, she is an AMAZING reader!!!! and I loved her talk. what a cutie:)
Post a Comment