Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Past

This past Christmas was a blast. We didn't take many pictures and yet I still have no reason why. On the Monday after Keith and Kim left, (11/30/09) we set up our Christmas tree. Emily loved it because she remembered so much from last year, and Mordecai loved it because Emily loved it, and plus there were balls that he wanted to throw. Sunday 12/6/09 we put together a gingerbread house. I bought 2 kits from Costco so that we could have some friends come over and build them for an FHE like we have done in the past, but it didn't work out this year. It was mostly Mike and Emily who built this one, with some help from me. Mordecai just wanted to eat the candy. Surprise, Surprise!
The following Sunday (12/13/09) we had Kristal and Matt over to do dinner and a gift exchange for the kids. Kristal made this chicken and noodle crock pot meal that kind of tasted like chicken and dumplings. After the kids opened their gifts they danced around the living room while Mike played the piano. After piano time the adults just sat around and chatted while Emily took pictures and kids got dressed in pajamas.The Monday before Christmas (12/21/09) we decided to make our last gingerbread house. This time it was more of a family effort, and Mordecai really liked putting the candy on it. Once he got a piece to stick on it, he would clap his hands and say, "Did it!". Christmas Eve was fun cause we took the kids sledding. They also really enjoyed opening our Christmas pajama's from Grandma and Grandpa Bainbridge. Mordecai got 'Cars' and Emily got a ballet set which they both loved.


The whole month of December our kids loved to eat their chocolates after dinner, advent calenders, singing "Jesus Was Born Today" by the Oakridge Boys, (Even Mordecai sang it, after only hearing it a couple of times), looking at the Christmas lights, and of course opening presents.

Christmas Day Santa brought the kids an 8' trampoline, it's in the basement. Emily got a plasma car, and Mordecai and remote controlled train. They also got clothes, toys, and games from us. These are pictures of the wall hangings I made for my Mom.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

You did WONDERFUL work on the wall hangings!!!! Some day when I grow up, I want to sew as well as you do. Glad you guys had a good Christmas.

Jenna Paulsen said...

Those wall hangings are super cute! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I love those wall hangings too!you should sell some! I know I would buy 'em!

Rachel Ann said...

Yay!! Looks like you guys have been having fun! I bet they LOVE their trampoline!

Kim said...

Wow that was a lot of reading! But I read it all! Love Em's jams and it's cute seeing your son up on the table while doing the gingerbread house!